DID YOU KNOW…?
The old way of advertising is slowly becoming non-existent…
- 86% of viewers don’t trust traditional advertising any longer, newspapers are experiencing record declines in sales and 95% of people skip commercials altogether via DVR/TiVo.
The way in which customers are receiving information is rapidly changing…
- Currently 81% of North Americans use the internet
- Internet users receive advice from friends, family and online reviews relating to a product purchase and found that such advice was very influential in their purchase decision
Just how fast is social media catching on?
- It took 38 years for radio to reach 50 million listeners
- It took 13 years for television to reach 50 million viewers
- It took 4 years to bring 50 million people online on the internet
- 50 million people had iPods in only 3 years
- Facebook had 200 million users in less than 12 months
Social Media is the #1 activity on the web
- Internet traffic is growing at an annual rate of 60% to 70%
- Visiting social sites is now more popular than checking personal email
- There are over 200,000,000+ blogs where bloggers post opinions about products and brands
- Facebook is leading the way people connect to one another and the way we receive information
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the third largest country on the planet
- Facebook has more than 800 million active users
- 500,000+ businesses have a presence on Facebook
- Smartphones and mobile devices are the #1 ways we connect with Social Media
- The most popular Social Media Platforms accessed via mobile devices are: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pintrest and many more are being created weekly to meet the needs and preferences of all internet users.
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world
- Companies that are both deeply and widely engaged in social media significantly surpass their peers in both revenue and profit